Half-Life Mod Expo 1999
The first Half-Life Mod Expo was held at "Club-i", a large cybercafe in San Francisco, on July 29th, 1999. It lasted from 10PM to midnight.
As well as the mods listed below, Gabe Newell also presented Team-Fortress 2: Brotherhood Of Arms. The black and white photographs were taken by Rubin Starset.
Mods shown at this event:
Descriptions by IGN.
- Action Half-Life: A multiplayer mod that brings the excitement of Hong Kong action films to Half-Life.
- Counter-Strike: A military simulation mod that pits a hostage rescue team against terrorists.
- Science & Industry: A multiplayer mod where the key to success lies in your team's ability to discover new weapon technologies.
- Kanonball: A rugby-style sports game set in beautifully rendered futuristic arenas.
- Chemical Existence: A challenging single player game where the hero fights gangs, mutants, and evil corporations.
- Gunman Chronicles: A total conversion of Half-Life's single player game that blends science fiction with elements from the Old West.
- USS Darkstar: A single-player action adventure set on a starship in deep space.